Thursday, September 10, 2009

the best medicine


I have had the unbelievable good fortune to reconnect with my Best Friend from High School. We were quite a pair back then, we moved in together for a short and very entertaining time when we graduated High School. We were just becoming adults then and recognizing in ourselves those essential ingredients we needed to become who we wanted to be. When we were together our "main ingredient" was always laughter, we could make each other laugh with just a look, a phrase or a silly gesture. We lost contact when we stopped living together and I joined the Air Force and she started school. That was 17 years ago. I found and contacted her on MySpace back in April of 2009. Our lives seem to have taken a similar path, we both have two girls, one of which we both chose the name Caitlin/Katelyn, we both have been divorced once, and we both put everyone before ourselves. Finding her again is like a breath of fresh air, we remind each other to do things for ourselves, without feeling guilty, and we still make each other laugh, which is always the best medicine. We know the importance of a solid friendship, that maybe when we were younger we didn't fully realize. I love her and can't wait for our adventures to unfold in the years to come!

2 comments:

  1. This made me want to cry.
    In a positive way (:
    I'm glad you're in our lives, Karen.
    You and the girls.
    You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chelsea! She is the best friend a girl could ask for, and to think you get her for a Mom! Totally cool! : )

    ReplyDelete